Thursday, April 10, 2014

2 Steps Back, 2 Steps Forward

So much going on, where to begin.  I guess the bad news is where I'll begin.  My mortgage company screwed up my escrow and we now owe a lot of money ugh.  Our mortgage for the next year is going up by almost $500.  I'm dealing with it, I already cried over it so now I'm moving forward.  Thankfully my husband makes descent money and will take the brunt of the bill.  So with bad I should look for the good in it.  I finally realized I need a part time job to relieve some more of the debt.  I think it will only be for a  year (I hope). I already had a phone interview and I am hoping the manager calls me back this afternoon to set up a face to face interview. 

I figure if I can bring home an extra $100 a week, I'll fly right through the numbers on the side.  My first focus will be that small student loan.  If I do get the job and start by the end of the month I expect to have the small student loan paid off by June 11th, our 3rd anniversary sounds like a good plan.  Then I can start putting extra aside to pay back my 401K loan once and for all.  I did make some progress, I paid off the tire/batteries.  It feels good to be headed in the right direction again.

This job will come at a good time I have so much coming up this year alone I have 4 baby showers, 3 bridal showers and 2 weddings, and one of the weddings is out of state so we will probably have to get a hotel we are still debating depending of if it is a day or night wedding. 

I've been toying with the idea of getting another job for a while, but with the escrow screw up it pushed me in the right direction.  I need to get away from these numbers by the end of the year I want to be in the 220 range.  It will be tough, but I like a challenge.  I'll be updating the side numbers in a few minutes to show a little improvement.  Til next time.

No comments: