Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Coming back....again

So I've come to the conclusion that I do really well with my debt when I blog.  I think this blog makes me hold myself accountable (since I don't think anyone else out there reads this).  I want to prove to myself that I'm not going to be the typical middle class citizen that has to live paycheck to paycheck.  I finally realized this year I'm broke, and while I do have enough income to pay the bills every month there is not much money left over after that. I want to start on the debt snowball again ( I may go a little our of order then what others say I should, but I have personal goals that I set along time ago.  So my first attack will be after Sallie 2 it seems small at under thousand dollars, but she has been around way to long I'd like to see that gone and then when I finally get that paid off I will decide if I will focus on the Tires/Battery or the 401K Payback. I wish paying off debt was really the easy, but it is slow and kinda painful. 

We have been in our house for over a year and while I love and wouldn't trade it for anything, sometimes I miss living in our little one bedroom apartment.  When we were leaving there I had the bill down to an absolute science and there were months where I could send my student loan over 1000 dollars like it was nothing, now I'm lucky if I can send them 10 dollars more than they ask for.  But you got to pick up somewhere, and I have determined that while 2014 is going to be a very tight year financially, this is my year to kick some butt.  I don't want to set yearly goals ( I have my personal goals, but none our finical) because I really don't know where I'll be at the end of the year and when I don't accomplish these goals I take it really hard.  I will do monthly goals, some financial some non. 

I think since I took the first step of writing this blog again I feel good, I also did a budget for next month and I feel really good about where I am, and I see myself coming out better in the end.  I decided I wanted to write my Feb goals now and since I have 3 days left of Jan I can have a 3 day start on a short month.

1.) Get on the scale and know my actual weight and lose 2 pounds
2.) Put all our tax paperwork together and make appointment with accountant
3.) Do not buy anymore books until I read 5 books I already have (I buy used books at the library way too much)
4.) Send EXTRA 100 dollars to Sallie 2
5.)  Clean closet
6.) Donate all bags of clothes from cleaning closet out and that have already been put in the garage to be donated
7.) Finish 1 book


Since I'm making this my year to kick butt financially I decided it is also my time to become more organized, on the surface I am very organized, but I tend to throw a lot of things in draws when I just want it out of sight.  I just want to organize my life and really be able to enjoy life and relax a little bit. I think that is all for now....until next time............

No comments: